Wednesday, March 09, 2005

JOSHUA TIME 08

THE FOUNDATIONS

I’m a twenty-four year old male, and I have mild cerebral palsy. The wet/dry petition is going around so London, Kentucky can have another wet/dry vote on the November ballot. It has been approximately eight to ten years ago since there was the last wet/dry vote on the ballot of an election. I was in my eighth grade of middle school or my sophomore year of high school when the last vote went around. I had voted in school election to stay dry. However, let us look is there even such a thing as a “dry” county? No there is not such a thing as a “dry” county. Bootleggers and other nuts go to places like Richmond and now Corbin and bring alcohol in to London.

There are some positives and negatives to the wet/dry vote being on the November election ballot. Lets look at the positives first. The wet/dry vote could be on and London is voted to stay “dry” and it not be in the election ballot for another eight to ten years. Another positive could be London go wet and the bootleggers go out of business because people will have to show ID in order to buy alcohol. Another positive is that if London does go wet the “big name” restraunts will come to London.

Now the negatives to the wet/dry vote being on the November election ballot. If London is voted “dry” again the wet/dry vote will not be on another election ballot for another eight to ten years. Another negative to the wet/dry vote being on the ballot and London goes wet cops will have more fun tracking down drunk drivers. Another negative is that they will be more drunks on the street. Another negative for the wet/dry vote on the November ballot is London could go wet and there would be more roadblocks. See I have already got stopped for my driving and because of my cerebral palsy that effects my speech and walking cops could judge me as “drunk.”

In the end its you the voters that decide this election. The negatives outweigh the positives. I have tried to be fair and balanced in this election year column. I voted in a school election that London Kentucky stay “dry.” In my first wet/dry vote and me being a Christian will vote to stay “dry” again. Churches should already be preaching against the wet/dry vote.

THE LONDON KENTUCKY VOTERS VOTED IN NOVEMBER OF 2004 TO SERVE ALCOHOL IN THE RESTRAUNTS THAT SEAT OVER 100 PEOPLE.
WHY? SO WE COULD BE EQUAL WITH CORBIN KENTUCKY. IT IS POSSIBLE

This has been a NO GAMES JOSHUA TIME

JOSHUA ROBINSON

I DON’T PLAY NO GAMES

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
 
Web www.myspace.com
www.foxnews.com www.cnn.com