Saturday, February 26, 2005

JOSHUA TIME 04

JOSHUA TIME

I’m a twenty-four year old male and I have mild cerebral palsy.

We live today in a fast pace “microwave age” in other words we want things fast and no one likes to wait; we live today in an “instant age” no one likes waiting.

We have appointments we have to make and most people like to be early for their appointments.

An old high school saying, is “To be early is to be on time and to be on time is to be late.”

My “help service” provides me with speech therapy and the speech therapist comes to my apartment however, she will tell me a time she will be here she is never here at that time, in fact she is always late. I always have to stay here and wait for her to get here. I can never go out no where or do anything of that magnitude until my speech therapist gets here and sees me and that is not good for me because when she gets here I’m tired and ready to get comfortable and settle in.

I used to have a local doctor however this doctor moved to another location bigger building however same waiting time. Doctors make appointments and make people wait hours to be seen. I’m not downing the doctor in a way however, if they are going to make appointments do not make people wait to be seen. No one likes or ever goes to the doctor because it takes hours to be seen and when you are seen the doctor treats the problem not the patient. Some people might say I’m impatient but I will not wait I will either go back to the doctor or not go at all because I hate waiting. In fact that is what I did in July I had a doctor appointment and they was running behind I told them “I would be back if I was first to be seen with no waiting.” I was first to be seen with no waiting.

I do have a couple of solutions for the waiting it is go the first solution is go the appointment late.

The “walk ins” seemingly get priority anyway so go to your doctor appointment late and you will be seen at a reasonable time. If your late for the appointment and the doctor won’t see you tell them that they should see people on time. Some doctors will not see patients if they are late, this is good if the doctor treats the problem and the patient and sees the patient at a reasonable little waiting time.

My second solution for the doctor waiting time is not go the doctor at all but go the local clinic. We have several local clinics in London, Kentucky, and it will be more reasonable.

My third solution for the doctor waiting time is tied to the second solution and that is not go to the doctor but go the hospital at least at the hospital they have an excuse for there waiting time.

I know some things are practical other things are not practical.

Waiting on doctors and doctor appointment is not practical and should not be done. If the patient like me waits they get upset and going to the doctor upset raises blood pressure and causes more stress.

We live an “instant age” we can send emails in an instant people want things fast and hate waiting.

I am calling on the people to take a balanced stand and show the doctors no more waiting.

JOSHUA ROBINSON

I DON’T PLAY NO GAMES

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
 
Web www.myspace.com
www.foxnews.com www.cnn.com