Friday, February 25, 2005

JOSHUA TIME 02

JOSHUA TIME

I’m a twenty-four year old male I have mild cerebral palsy.

I wanted to work however, as you will see no one will or would hire me and it hurts. In the summer of 1999 and the summer time of 2000 I tried to find work to do. I love to work and would work for free just to have something to do. I had applied for Kroger, Walmart, Kmart, Kroger was the only one to call me in for an interview the old Kroger. Kroger would not hire me because they “had no positions open” however hired people they just did not hire me.

In the summer of 2000 I got put on SSI because no one would hire me and because of my condition. I cried when I got my first check because I never wanted to be on it.
However the system does work it also has its flaws. It works by getting people evaluated before giving them anything. I have some “friends” who make over 600.00 a month the other “friend” is trying to get on disability. So they can work under the table. This “friend” has been denied disability more than once. These “friends” are the exact reason I did not want on SSI. The system also works by giving people on SSI a medical card. But some people like my “friends” abuse that very privilege of a medical card. My “friends” say they are broke all the time yet the one is trying to get on disability and the other one makes over 600.00 a month. My other “friend” has worked before and continues to work yet is trying to get on disability.

Kroger never hired me because I have cerebral palsy not because of there excuse for no positions open. Nevertheless, I’m on the system now. I have an income on the system and I give money to church from my income that I have.

Lets send a message to the “giants” Kroger Kmart and Walmart people can work if there given a chance to work. Its time to let these “giants” know that people the people have a voice and will use the voice.

Its time for the people to stand up against these “giants.”
Its time for people to tell people that can work to get there but to working…

People had told me about these “friends” however I never listened. These “friends” are the exact reason I never wanted to be on SSI because I knew people abused the system I just never knew how much the system was abused. The system is abused almost if not more than Bill Clinton abused his power.

Why am I reporting this 4 years later because I have the chance to report it and because I found out how people are. I knew people abused the system but I did not know it was abused that bad until I met my “friends”

The bad thing about being a writer is you are never done with any one piece you always think of more write and in time more things will come out just keep it here with Joshua Time…

This has been “Joshua time”

Joshua Robinson

I DON’T PLAY NO GAMES

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
 
Web www.myspace.com
www.foxnews.com www.cnn.com