Saturday, February 24, 2007

joshua time 758

Fern and the Bamboo
>
>
>
> One day, I decided to quit. I wanted to quit my job, to quit my
>
> relationships, to quit my spirituality; I even wanted to quit my
> life.
>
>
> I went to the woods to have one last talk with GOD. "GOD", I said,
> "Can
> you give me one good reason not to quit?"
>
>
>
> HIS answer surprised me. "Look around", HE said, "Do you see the
> fern
> and the bamboo?"
>
>
>
> "Yes", I replied.
>
>
>
> "When I planted the fern and the bamboo seeds, I took very good care
> of
> them. I gave them light, and I gave them water.
>
>
>
> The fern quickly grew from the earth. Its brilliant green covered
> the
> floor. Yet nothing came from the bamboo seed. But I did not quit on
> the
> bamboo.
>
>
>
> "In the second year the fern grew more vibrant and plentiful. And
>
> again, nothing came from the bamboo seed. But I did not quit on the
>
> bamboo
>
>
>
>
>
> "In the third year there was still nothing from the bamboo seed. But
> I
> would not quit.
>
>
>
> "In the fourth year, again, there was nothing from the bamboo seed.
>
> Still, I would not quit.
>
>
>
> "Then in the fifth year a tiny sprout emerged from the earth.
> Compared
> to the fern it was seemingly small and insignificant. But just 6
> months
> later the bamboo rose to over 100 feet tall. It had spent the five
>
> years growing roots. Those roots made it strong and gave it what it
>
> needed to survive. I would not give any of my creations a challenge
>
> they could not handle, HE said to me.
>
>
>
> "Did you know, my child, that all this time you have been
> struggling,
> you have actually been growing roots? I would not quit on the
> bamboo.
>
>
> I will never quit on you! Don't compare yourself to others.
>
>
>
> The bamboo had a different purpose than the fern. Yet they both make
>
> the forest beautiful.
>
>
>
> Your time will come," GOD said to me. "You will rise high."
>
>
>
> "How high should I rise?" I asked.
>
>
>
> "How high will the bamboo rise?", HE asked in return.
>
>
>
> "As high as it can?", I questioned.
>
>
>
> "Yes", HE said, "Give ME glory by rising as high as you can. And
>
> remember..
>
>
>
> I will never leave you, nor forsake you. I will never give up on
> you. I
> will never, ever quit on you.
>
>
>
> Everyone has days when they want to "quit". When there are
>
> struggles...obstacles in life, Remember we're just growing roots!!
>
>
>
> GOD has a purpose in mind for each one of us and we need to talk to
> HIM
> and let HIM help us realize that purpose Always remember,
>
>
>
> HE'LL never leave us, HE'LL never forsake us, and HE'LL never quit
> on
> us. Have a wonderfully blessed day!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
 
Web www.myspace.com
www.foxnews.com www.cnn.com