Saturday, February 24, 2007

JOSHUA TIME 756

The Fighter
> ============
>
> On Friday I had a heart attack.
>
> The ambulance took me to the hospital where they did a procedure
> of a cut in the groin to insert a tube with a camera going up to
> the heart to see where the blockage was.
>
> Well, they don't put you to sleep.
>
> I could feel, and the feeling was terrible.
>
> To occupy my mind, I tapped my left foot, and the surgeon said
> "Hold your foot still."
>
> Then, I tapped my left hand, and again he said
> "Stop tapping your fingers."
>
> Well it looked like I ran out of things to keep me busy,
> so I started, "Our Father which art in heaven..."
>
> I recited the Lord's Prayer three times with a loud voice and
> very pronounced. By the third time, I heard the surgeon's
> voice, "Please, breathe through your nose and close your lips."
>
> Well, there was no way he could say, "Just shut up and be
> quiet!" not with the Lords Prayer!
>
> The story made the rounds on the cardiac unit and soon a lot of
> nurses came by just to say hello.
>
> ~A MountainWings Original by Heide Holstein, Syracuse, NY~
>
> From the mountain:
> Sometimes, the world will force you to bear the load, and you
> must be both silent and still. So many bear so much, yet are
> silent and still. The beat continues, and the prayer continues,
>
> on the inside.
>
> Thank you for inviting MountainWings in your mailbox.
> See you tomorrow.
>
> ****************************************************************
> http://www.AirJesus.com "A Website for The Soul"
> To: Subscribe, Un-Subscribe, Get a Book, T-Shirt, Rate Issues,
> Tell Friends about MountainWings, Read Past Issues, Donations,
> Submit a MountainWings Moment or Prayer Request, Set homepage to
> Daily issue in larger type Go To: http://www.mountainwings.com
> ****************************************************************
> MountainWings, POBox 43725, 120 Selig Dr., Atlanta, GA 30336 USA
> You are subscribed as: lrobinson1656@alltel.net
>
>

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
 
Web www.myspace.com
www.foxnews.com www.cnn.com