Tuesday, March 28, 2006

JOSHUA TIME 383

The Penny>>>> >>>>> >You always hear the usual stories of pennies on the> sidewalk being>>>>good>>>> >luck, gifts from angels, etc. This is the first time I've> ever heard>>>>this>>>> >twist on the story. Gives you something to think about.>>>> >Several years ago, a friend of mine and her husband were> invited to>>>>spend>>>> >the weekend at the husband's employer's home. My friend,> Arlene, was nervous>>>> >about the weekend. ! The boss was very wealthy, with a> fine home on>>>>the>>>> >waterway, and cars costing more than her house.>>>> >>>>> >The first day and evening went well, and Arlene was> delighted to have>>>>this>>>> >rare glimpse into how the very wealthy live. The husband's> employer>>>>was>>>> >quite generous as a host, and took them to the finest> restaurants.>>>>Arlene>>>> >knew she would never have the opportunity to indulge in> this kind of extravagance again, so was enjoying herself> immensely.>>>> >>>>> >As the three of them were about to enter an exclusive> restaurant that evening, the boss was walking slightly> ahead of Arlene and her>>>>husband. He>>>> >stopped suddenly, looking down on the pavement for a long,> silent>>>>moment.>>>> >>>>> >Arlene wondered if she was supposed to pass him. There was> nothing on>>>>the>>>> >ground except a single darkened penny that someone had> dropped, and a>>>>few>>>> >cigarette butts. Still silent, the man reached down and> picked up the penny.>>>> >>>>> >>>>> >He held it up and smiled, then put it in his pocket as if> he had four>>>>and>>>> >a>>>> >great treasure. How absurd! What need did this man have> for a single penny?>>>> >Why would he even take the time to stop and pick it up?>>>> >>>>> >Throughout dinner, the entire scene nagged at her.> Finally, she could>>>>stand>>>> >it no longer. She causally mentioned that her daughter> once had a coin collection, and asked if the penny he had> found had been of some>>>>value.>>>> >>>>> >A smile crept across the man's face as he reached into his> pocket for>>>>the>>>> >penny and held it out for her to see. She had seen many> pennies>>>>before!>>>> >What>>>> >was the point of this?>>>> >>>>> >"Look at it." He said. "Read what it says." She read the> words ">>>>United>>>> >States of America .">>>> >>>>> >"No, not that; read further.">>>> >>>>> >"One cent?" "No, keep reading.">>>> >>>>> >"In God we Trust?" "Yes!" "And?">>>> >>>>> >"And if I trust in God, the name of God is holy, even on a> coin.>>>>Whenever I>>>> >find a coin I see that inscription. It is written on every> single>>>>United>>>> >States coin, but we never seem to notice it! God drops a> message right>>>>in>>>> >front of me telling me to trust Him? Who am I to pass it> by? When I>>>>see a>>>> >coin, I pray, I stop to see if my trust IS in God at that> moment. I>>>>pick>>>> >the>>>> >coin up as a response to God; that I do trust in Him. For> a short>>>>time, at>>>> >least, I cherish it as if it were gold. I think it is> God's way of>>>>starting>>>> >a conversation with me. Lucky for me, God is patient and> pennies are plentiful!>>>> >>>>> >When I was out shopping today, I found a penny on the> sidewalk. I>>>>stopped>>>> >and picked it up, and realized that I had been worrying> and fretting>>>>in my>>>> >mind about things I cannot change. I read the words, "In> God We>>>>Trust," and>>>> >had to laugh. Yes, God, I get the message.>>>> >>>>> >It seems that I have been finding an inordinate number of> pennies in>>>>the>>>> >last few months, but then, pennies are plentiful!>>>> >>>>> >And, God is patient...>>>> >>>>> >Have a blessed day!!>>>> >>>>> >The best mathematical equation I have ever seen:>>>> >>>>> >1 cross>>>> >3 nails>>>> >-------->>>> >4 given>>>> >>>>> >That's the whole gospel message simply stated. Take 60> seconds give>>>>this a>>>> >shot! Let's just see if Satan stops this one.>>>> >>>>> >All you do is ->>>> >1. Simply say a small prayer for the person who sent you> this, (Father>>>>God>>>> >bless this person in whatever it is that you know he or> she may be>>>>needing>>>> >this day.)>>>> >>>>> >2. Then send it on to five other people. Within hours five> people have prayed for you, and you caused a multitude of> people to pray to God>>>>for>>>> >other people.>>>> >>>>> > Thank you.> > >

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
 
Web www.myspace.com
www.foxnews.com www.cnn.com