Monday, February 20, 2006

JOSHUA TIME 342

UNCONDITIONAL ACCEPTANCE> > I am a mother of three (ages 14, 12, 3) and have recently completed my> college degree. The last class I had to take was Sociology. The teacher> was absolutely inspiring with the qualities that I wish every human> being had been graced with. Her last project of the term was called> "Smile." The class was asked to go out and smile at three people and> document their reactions. I am a very friendly person and always smile> at everyone and say hello anyway, so, I thought this would be a piece of> cake, literally.> > Soon after we were assigned the project, my husband, youngest son, and I> went out to McDonald's one crisp March morning. It was just our way of> sharing special play time with our son. We were standing in line,> waiting to be served, when all of a sudden everyone around us began to> back away, and then even my husband did. I did not move an inch...an> overwhelming feeling of panic welled up inside of me as I turned to see> why they had moved.> > As I turned around I smelled a horrible "dirty body" smell, and there> standing behind me were two poor homeless men. As I looked down at the> short gentleman, close to me, he was "smiling." His beautiful sky blue> eyes were full of God's Light as he searched for acceptance. He said,> "Good day" as he counted the few coins he had been clutching. The second> man fumbled with his hands as he stood behind his friend. I realized the> second man was mentally deficient and the blue eyed gentleman was his> salvation. I held my tears as I stood there with them.> > The young lady at the counter asked him what they wanted. He said,> "Coffee is all Miss" because that was all they could afford. (If they> wanted to sit in the restaurant and warm up, they had to buy something.> He just wanted to be warm). Then I really felt it-the compulsion was so> great I almost reached out and embraced the little man with the blue> eyes.> > That is when I noticed all eyes in the restaurant were set on me,> judging my every action. I smiled and asked the young lady behind the> counter to give me two more breakfast meals on a separate tray. I then> walked around the corner to the table that the men had chosen as a> resting spot. I put the tray on the table and laid my hand on the blue> eyed gentleman's cold hand. He looked up at me, with tears in his eyes,> and said, "Thank you." I leaned over, began to pat his hand and said, "I> did not do this for you. God is here working through me to give you> hope." I started to cry as I walked away to join my husband and son.> > When I sat down my husband smiled at me and said, "That is why God gave> you to me, Honey. To give me hope." We held hands for a moment and at> that time we knew that only because of the Grace that we had been given> were we able to give.> > That day showed me the pure Light of God's sweet love. I returned to> college, on the last evening of class, with this story in hand. I turned> in "my project" and the instructor read it. Then she looked up at me and> said, "Can I share this?" I slowly nodded as she got the attention of> the class. She began to read and that is when I knew that we as human> beings and being part of God, share this need to heal people and be> healed. In my own way I had touched the people at McDonald's, my> husband, son, instructor, and every soul that shared the classroom on> the last night I spent as a college student.> > I graduated with one of the biggest lessons I would ever learn:> UNCONDITIONAL ACCEPTANCE.> Much love and compassion is to each and every person who may read this> and learn how to LOVE PEOPLE AND USE THINGS - NOT LOVE THINGS AND USE> PEOPLE.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
 
Web www.myspace.com
www.foxnews.com www.cnn.com