Wednesday, November 15, 2006

JOSHUA TIME 646

Breakfast at McDonald's .>> This is a good story and is true, please read it all the way through until> the end! (After the story, there are some very interesting facts!):>>> I am a mother of three (ages 14 , 12, 3) and have recently completed my> college degree.>> The last class I had to take was Sociology.>> The teacher was absolutely inspiring with the qualities that I wish every> human being had been graced with.>> Her last project of the term was called "Smile.">> The class was asked to go out and smile at three people and document their> reactions.>> I am a very friendly person and always smile at everyone and say hello> anyway, so, I thought this would be a piece of cake, literally.>> Soon after we were assigned the project, my husband, youngest son, and I> went out to McDonald's one crisp March morning.>> It was just our way of sharing special playtime with our son.>> We were standing in line, waiting to be served, when all of a sudden> everyone around us began to back away, and then even my husband did.>> I did not move an inch... an overwhelming feeling of panic welled up > inside> of me as I turned to see why they had moved.>>> As I turned around I smelled a horrible "dirty body" smell, and there> standing behind me were two poor homeless men.>> As I looked down at the short gentleman, close to me, he was "smiling".>> His beautiful sky blue eyes were full of God's Light as he searched for> acceptance.>> He said, "Good day" as he counted the few coins he had been clutching.>> The second man fumbled with his hands as he stood behind his friend. I> realized the second man was mentally challenged and the blue-eyed > gentleman> was his salvation.>> I held my tears as I stood there with them.>> The young lady at the counter asked him what they wanted.>> He said, "Coffee is all Miss" because that was all they could afford. (If> they wanted to sit in the restaurant and warm up, they had to buy> something. He just wanted to be warm).>> Then I really felt it - the compulsion was so great I almost reached out> and embraced the little man with the blue eyes.>> That is when I noticed all eyes in the restaurant were set on me, judging> my every action.>> I smiled and asked the young lady behind the counter to give me two more> breakfast meals on a separate tray.>> I then walked around the corner to the table that the men had chosen as a> resting spot. I put the tray on the table and laid my hand on the > blue-eyed> gentleman's cold hand.>> He looked up at me, with tears in his eyes, and said, "Thank you.">> I leaned over, began to pat his hand and said, "I did not do this for you.> God is here working through me to give you hope.">> I started to cry as I walked away to join my husband and son. When I sat> down my husband smiled at me and said, "That is why God gave you to me,> Honey, to give me hope.">> We held hands for a moment and at that time, we knew that only because of> the Grace that we had been given were we able to give.>> We are not church goers, but we are believers.>> That day showed me the pure Light of God's sweet love.>> I returned to college, on the last evening of class, with this story in> hand.>> I turned in "my project" and the instructor read it.>> Then she looked up at me and said, "Can I share this?">> I slowly nodded a! s she got the attention of the class.>> She began to read and that is when I knew that we as human beings and > being> part of God share this need to heal people and to be healed.>> In my own way I had touched the people at McDonald's, my husband, son,> instructor, and every soul that shared the classroom on the last night I> spent as a college student.>> I graduated with one of the biggest lessons I would ever learn:> UNCONDITIONAL ACCEPTANCE.>> Much love and compassion is sent to each and every person who may read > this> and learn how to LOVE PEOPLE AND USE THINGS - NOT LOVE THINGS AND USE> PEOPLE.>> If you think this story has touched you in any way, please send this to> everyone you know.>> There is an Angel sent to watch over you..>> In order for this to work, you must pass this on to the people you want> watched over.>>> Many people will walk in and out of your life, but only true friends will> leave footprints in your heart.>> To handle yourself, use your head.>> To handle others, use your heart.>> God Gives every bird it's food, but He does not throw it into its nest.>> Keep this going>>

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
 
Web www.myspace.com
www.foxnews.com www.cnn.com