Tuesday, October 17, 2006

JOSHUA TIME 600

The Doll and The White Rose I was walking around in a store. I saw aCashier hand this little boy his money back saying"I'm sorry, but you don't have enough money to buyThis doll." Then the little boy turned to the old womanNext to him: ''Granny, are you sure I don't haveEnough money?'' The old lady replied: ''You know that youDon't have enough money to buy this doll, my dear.'' Then she asked him to stay there for 5Minutes while she went to look around. She leftQuickly. The little boy was still holding the doll inHis hand. Finally, I walked toward him and I asked himWho he wished to give this doll to. "It's the doll that my sister loved most andWanted so much for this Christmas. She was so sure that SantaClaus would bring it to her." I replied to him that maybe Santa Claus willBring it to her after all, and not to worry. But he replied to me sadly. "No, Santa ClausCan't bring it to her where she is now. I have toGive the doll to my mommy so that she can give it toMy sister when she goes there." His eyes were so sad while saying this. "MySister has gone to be with God. Daddy says thatMommy is going to see God very soon too, so IThought that she could take the doll with her toGive it to my sister.'' My heart nearly stopped. The little boy looked up at me and said: "ITold daddy to tell mommy not to go yet. I need herTo wait until I come back from the m all." Then he showed me a very nice photo of himWhere he was laughing. He then told me "I want mommyTo take my picture with her so she won't forget me." "I love my mommy and I wish she doesn't haveTo leave me, but daddy says that she has to go to beWith my little sister." Then he looked again at the doll with sadEyes, very quietly. I quickly reached for my wallet and said toThe boy. "What if we checked again, just in case youDo have enough money?'' "OK" he said "I hope that I have enough." IAdded some of my money to his without him seeing andWe started to count it. There was enough for theDoll and even some spare money. The little boy said: "Thank you God forGiving me enough money!" Then he looked at me and added "I askedYesterday before I slept for God to make sure I haveEnough money to buy this doll so that mommy can giveIt to my sister. He heard me!'' "I also wanted to have enough money to buy aWhite rose for my mommy, but I didn't dare to askGod for too much. But He gave me enough to buy theDoll and a white rose.'' "My mommy loves white roses." A few minutes later, the old lady came againAnd I left with my basket. I finished my shopping in a totallyDifferent state from when I started. I couldn't get the little boyOut of my mind. Then I remembered a local newspaper article2 days ago, which mentioned of a drunk man in a truck, who hitA car, where there was one young lady and a littleGirl. The little girl died right away, and theMother was left in a critical state. The family hadTo decide whether to pull the plug on theLife-assisting machine, because the young lady wouldNot be able to recover from the coma. Was this the family of the little boy? Two days after this encounter with theLittle boy, I read in the newspaper that the youngLady had passed away. I couldn't stop myself as I bought a bunchOf white roses and I went to the funeral home whereThe body of the young woman was exposed for peopleTo see and make last wishes before burial. She was there, in her coffin, holding aBeautiful white rose in her hand with the photo ofThe little boy and the doll placed over her chest. I left the place, teary-eyed, feeling thatMy life had been changed forever. The love that thisLittle boy had for his mother and his sister isStill, to this day, hard to imagine. And in aFraction of a second, a drunk driver had taken allThis away from him. Now you have 2 choices: 1) Repost this message. 2) Ignore it as if it never touched yourheart The quote of the month is by Jay Leno: "With hurricanes, tornado's, fires out ofcontrol, mud slides, flooding, severe thunderstormstearing up the country from one end to another, andwith the threat of bird flu and terroristattacks, "Are we sure this is a good time to take Godout of the Pledge of Allegiance?" For those that prefer to think that God isnot watching over us....go ahead and delete this.For the rest of us.....pass this on.Tough times never last, tough people do!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
 
Web www.myspace.com
www.foxnews.com www.cnn.com