Saturday, May 06, 2006

JOSHUA TIME 432

The Twisty Path> ===============> > "Name one person in the Bible who had a simple life without> twists," I asked Puddin (my wife).> > Puddin was responding to a major change that we were making in> buying a house. We were moving to an entirely different> neighborhood and not building on the property that we bought.> > It was a Divine direction that I was absolutely sure about.> > "Why does life have to be so twisty and why can't God just make> it simple?" was Puddin's question. It was a very good question.> > I had already asked God that question.> > Thus, my response, name one person whose life had any written> detail in the Bible where it was simple and clear-cut.> > "John," Puddin said.> > "John!!!" I replied.> > John lived in the wilderness eating bugs and honey.> Puddin would have undoubtedly considered locusts bugs.> > "How many grasshoppers could you eat?" I asked Puddin.> I am sure many considered John crazy because his behavior and> lifestyle were so far from the norm.> > Then there was John's father Zacharias whom God made unable to> speak because he didn't believe the angel about John.> Both Zacharias and his wife Elizabeth were old,> and he just didn't believe.> > Finally, John was imprisoned then he had his head cut off.> Yet Jesus said there had been none greater than John.> Don't you think John thought his path was twisty at times?> > I often wonder why couldn't life be simpler.> Why couldn't all revelation be straightforward.> Why does stuff have to be cryptic?> Why the twists and turns.> > Although I wonder, God has always brought us through.> Right on time, in right order, and learning the right lessons.> > God will take you through the twists and turns,> if you stay on the straight and narrow.> > > ~A MountainWings Original~> > Thank you for inviting MountainWings in your mailbox.> See you tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
 
Web www.myspace.com
www.foxnews.com www.cnn.com