Friday, August 17, 2007

JOSHUA TIME 893

WHY GO TO CHURCH
> >
> >
> >
> > >
> > >Why go to Church?
> > >
> > >If you're spiritually alive, you're going to love this! If you're
> > >spiritually dead, you won't want to read it. If you're spiritually
> > >curious, there is still hope!
> > >
> > >Why Go To Church?
> > >
> > >A Church goer wrote a letter to the editor of a newspaper and complained
> > >that it made no sense to go to church every Sunday. "I've gone for 30
> > >years now," he wrote, "and in that time I have heard something like
> > >3,000 sermons. But for the life of me, I can't remember a single one of
> > >them. So, I think I'm wasting my time and the pastors are wasting theirs
> > >by giving sermons at all."
> > >
> > >This started a real controversy in the "Letters to the Editor" column,
> > >much to the delight of the editor. It went on for weeks until someone
> > >wrote this clincher:
> > >
> > >"I've been married for 30 years now. In that time my wife has cooked
> > >some 32,000 meals. But, for the life of me, I cannot recall the entire
> > >menu for a single one of those meals. But I do know this.. They all
> > >nourished me and gave me the strength I needed to do my work. If my
> wife
> > >had not given me these meals, I would be physically dead today.
> > >Likewise, if I had not gone to church for nourishment , I would be
> > >spiritually dead today!" When you are DOWN to nothing.... God is UP to
> > >something! Faith sees the invisible, believes the incredible and
> > >receives the impossible! Thank God for our physical AND our spiritual
> > >nourishment! < /I>
> > >
> > >All right, now that you're done reading, send it on! I think everyone
> > >should read this! "When Satan is knocking at your door, simply say,
> > >"Jesus, could you get that for me?"
> > >
> > > Love and Hugs to all
> > >

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
 
Web www.myspace.com
www.foxnews.com www.cnn.com