Thursday, June 28, 2007

JOSHUA TIME 845

Shoes in Church









Good morning, good friends;
Hope you have a great weekend.
Enjoy.



> I showered and shaved............. I adjusted my tie.
>
> I got there and sat.............. In a pew just in time.
>
> Bowing my head in prayer......... As I closed my eyes.
>
> I saw the shoe of the man next to me..... Touching my own I
>sighed.
>
> With plenty of room on either side..... I thought, "Why must our
>soles touch?"
>
> It bothered me, his shoe touching mine... But it didn't bother
>him much.
>
> A prayer began: "Our Father"............. I thought, "This man
>with the shoes...has no pride.
>
> They're dusty, worn, and scratched. Even worse, there are holes
>on the side!"
>
> "Thank You for blessings," the prayer went on.
>
> The shoe man said.............. a quiet "Amen."
>
> I tried to focus on the prayer....... But my thoughts were on
>his shoes again.
>
> Aren't we supposed to look our best...When walking through that
>door?
>
> "Well, this certainly isn't it," I thought, Glancing toward the
>floor.
>
> Then the prayer was ended............ And the songs of praise
>began.
>
> The shoe man was certainly loud...... Sounding proud as he sang.
>
>
> His voice lifted the rafters........ His hands were raised high.
>
>
> The Lord could surely hear... The shoe man's voice from the sky.
>
>
> It was time for the offering....... And what I threw in was
>steep.
>
> I watched as the shoe man reached... Into his pockets so deep.
>
> I saw what was pulled out.......... What the shoe man put in.
>
> Then I heard a soft "clink"... as when silver hits tin.
>
> The sermon really bored me.......... To tears, and that's no
>lie.
>
> It was the same for the shoe man... For tears fell from his
>eyes.
>
> At the end of the service..... As is the custom here.
>
> We must greet new visitors... And show them all good cheer.
>
> But I felt moved somehow............. And wanted to meet the
>shoe man.
>
> So after the closing prayer....... I reached over and shook his
>hand.
>
> He was old and his skin was dark..... And his hair was truly a
>mess.
>
> But I thanked him for coming......... For being our guest.
>
> He said, "My names' Charlie.......... I'm glad to meet you, my
>friend."
>
> There were tears in his eyes...... But he had a large, wide
>grin.
>
> "Let me explain," he said......... Wiping tears from his eyes.
>
> "I've been coming here for months.... And you're the first to
>say 'Hi.'"
>
> "I know that my appearance........."Is not like all the rest.
>
> "But I really do try................."To always look my best."
>
> "I always clean and polish my shoes..."Before my very long walk.
>
>
> "But by the time I get here........"They're dirty and dusty,
>like chalk."
>
> My heart filled with pain............ and I swallowed to hide my
>tears.
>
> As he continued to apologize......... For daring to sit so near.
>
>
> He said, "When I get here.........."I know I must look a sight.
>
> "But I thought if I could touch you..."Then maybe our souls
>might unite."
>
> I was silent for a moment............ Knowing whatever was said
>
> Would pale in comparison... I spoke from my heart, not my head.
>
> "Oh, you've touched me," I said......"And taught me, in part;
>
> "That the best of any man............"Is what is found in his
>heart."
>
> The rest, I thought,................ This shoe man will never
>know.
>
> Like just how thankful I really am... That his dirty old shoe
>touched my soul
>
> You are special to me and you have made a difference in my life.
>
>
> I respect you, and truly cherish you.
>
> Send this to your friends,
>
> No matter how often you talk,
>
> Or how close you are, And send it to the person who sent it to
>you.
>
> Let old friends know you haven't forgotten them, and tell new
>friends you never will.
>
> Remember, everyone needs a friend.
>
> Someday you might feel like you have no friends at all.
> Just remember this e-mail and take comfort in knowing that
> someone out there cares about you..... and always will.
>
>
>
>
>*******************************************************************
>
>
>Age if mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
 
Web www.myspace.com
www.foxnews.com www.cnn.com