Wednesday, January 24, 2007

JOSHUA TIME 714

To All Concerned,

I have emailed Sandy Douglas and she never has responded to my email. Because of this I have been unable to get my accommodation letters. If I need to go up to the office and wait to get my accommodations I will. I have noticed a parking meter in front of SSB, I can only stay parked for 30 minutes. I'll be up at 330 to see Sandy Douglas since she is the one helping Ms. Belluscio out. So, you can not say I have not sent an email to Ms Sandy Douglass at the end of the email I'll send you what I sent her along with attachments I sent her which was letters to my professors. The professors ask for contact info and stuff about me I sent every teacher one
Ms. Douglas Subject Letters to my teachers
my id is 901314856
When would you like to meet?
I do everything by email all assignments, papers and everything, and use of my laptop

There was times I arrived before 9:15 a.m. for my class last semester and the parking was full.
I have pictures of the parking lot Tuesday at Combs/Kieth I showed Mr. Jozefowicz the pictures today and he said that for me to call, I will be calling the police from now on for help if that is what I need to do. I do want to show you the pictures I took on Tuesday, One vehicle was parked illegal. If I parked like that I would have been towed.
Tuesday, I tried to tell the "campus safety" about the problem they could not understand me so they did not try to help me, so I took pictures of the parking. Infact, the "campus safety" officer said, "I can not understand you." So, I tried harder. He then said "You need to move." Since some one was behind me.

I have not asked for a volunteer because I have been so busy and did not know I needed to ask for one. People in class help me from car to class and from class to car.

Joshua
901314856
NO GAMES
----- Original Message -----
From: Belluscio, Teresa
To: Terry, Heidi ; Jozefowicz, Mark
Cc: Good, Claire ; Joshua M. Robinson ; Douglas, Sandy
Sent: Wednesday, January 24, 2007 12:06 PM
Subject: RE: PARKING


Heidi

I HAve offered several suggestions to Josh in the past regarding handicapped parking.



First: Always arrive early on campus. Early arrival would give Josh more time to find an available spot, perhaps one nearer to his classes in Combs. It’s difficult when your in a rush and can cause one to be late for classes. Josh has the additional task of getting a volunteer to help him lift his chair out of the car. I suggest that he arrive one hour before his first class.



Second: In addition to designated handicapped parking spaces, Josh is allowed to park in faculty and staff spots. Combs does see some movement in spaces. His major classes are in Combs so that may be the best place to look.



Third: Be familiar with all the designated handicapped spaces. We have a map that indicates where they are.



Additional help: Josh has NOT met with one of our staff in the Disabilities Office this semester for academic accommodation. In this regard he has NOT had the conversation that may offer him more assistance. We have several volunteers who may help him, if he were to ask.



RE: Josh’ appeal. The class room and the building was/ is accessible. Josh is responsible to get to class like all other students. If his claim includes any inaccessible issues, this is simply not the case.


Thanks, Teresa


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From: Terry, Heidi
Sent: Wednesday, January 24, 2007 8:41 AM
To: Jozefowicz, Mark; Belluscio, Teresa
Cc: Good, Claire; Joshua M. Robinson
Subject: FW: PARKING
Importance: High



Good Morning Mark & Teresa.



Joshua Robinson, a second year student who happens to have some significant physical challenges, recently spoke to me about his problem trying to secure parking close to academic building at the 9:30 a.m. hour despite his having a handicapped parking pass. Joshua is not only wheelchair bound, but he has some language challenges as well and as I understand it, does not have the luxury of an electric wheelchair or a vehicle with an electronic lift. Consequently, he has to haul his manually wheelchair around in his trunk and due to recent back and neck surgery is unable to extract the wheelchair from his car without assistance of others and because he doesn’t have an aid that follows him around everywhere, he tends to be at the mercy of others who just happen along at the right time to help him not only get his wheelchair out his car, but to help him get to class quickly if he’s behind schedule. This challenge is further exasperated when he is unable to secure a parking a spot close to the academic buildings and he’s hopeful that someone can help him with that. Is there anyway either of you can do or suggest that might assist him in this matter????



Joshua is currently appealing the Withdrawal Committee for a retroactive withdrawal from a 9:30 class during the fall ’06 semester due to similar circumstances that he claims resulted in attendance issues that negatively impacted his grades. It would appear that he’s trying to avoid being faced with a similar situation this semester.



Thank you for your consideration. I’m sure Joshua would appreciate any assistance or recommendations.



Heidi



Heidi Terry, M.A.

University Registrar


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Tuesday, January 23, 2007 6:02 PM
To: Terry, Heidi; Parking
Cc: DJ LEWIS; Loretta Robinson; Matthew L. Robinson
Subject: PARKING



I was late for my 9:30 a.m. class this morning because of parking. Luckily my teacher understands so far my teachers are understanding with me.

I have pictures on my digital camera of the parking lot and even a couple cars that was parked illegal. However, I got a ticket because I parked on university drive. I want to appeal the parking tickets that I got because of the parking situation

If you like I can show you my pictures just call me 606 682 1122. I do want to show you the pictures either in person or by email.

Mrs. Terry, can you please call, email, or send a letter to the parking office. You did tell me to come to you with any problems well I am. I want to keep my 9:30 class but the parking is crazy especially when I use a wheelchair. Some of the people that have eku handicap permits some can walk just fine.

I had to draft some one to help me in my first class today she could not really understand me but she finally got the point.



Joshua

901314856

NO GAMES

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
 
Web www.myspace.com
www.foxnews.com www.cnn.com