Tuesday, January 09, 2007

JOSHUA TIME 699

Psalm 55:22 --- you really need to read this.
>
> "Friends are God's way of taking care of us."
> This was written by a of Metro Denver Hospice Physician:
>
> I just had one of the most amazing experiences of my life, and wanted to
> share it with my family and dearest friends.
>
> I was driving home from a meeting this evening about 5, stuck in traffic
> on
> Colorado Blvd., and the car started to choke and s plutter and die - I
> barely managed to coast, into a gas station, glad only that I would not be
> blocking traffic and would have a somewhat warm spot to wait for the tow
> truck. It wouldn't even turn over. Before I could make the call, I saw a
> woman walking out of the "quickie mart" building, and it looked like she
> slipped on some ice and fell into a Gas pump, so I got out to see if she
> was
> okay.
>
> When I got there, it looked more like she had been overcome by sobs than
> that she had fallen; she was a young woman who looked really haggard with
> dark circles under her eyes. She dropped something as I helped her up, and
> I
> picked it up to give it to her. It was a nickel.
>
> At that moment, everything came into focus for me: the crying woman, the
> ancient Suburban crammed full of stuff with 3 kids in the back (1 in a car
> seat), and the gas pump reading $4.95.
>
> I asked her if she was okay and if she needed help, and she just kept
> saying, "I don't want my kids to see me crying," so we stood on the other
> side of the pump from her car. She said she was driving to California and
> that things were very hard for her right now. So I asked, "And you were
> praying?" That made her back away from me a little, but I assured her I
> was
> not a crazy person and said, "He heard you, and He sent me."
>
> I took out my card and swiped it through the card reader on the pump so
> she
> could fill up her car completely, and while it was fueling, walked to the
> next door McDonald's and bought 2 big bags of food, some gift certificates
> for more, and a big cup of coffee. She gave the food to the kids in the
> car, who attacked it like wolves, and we stood by the pump eating fries
> and
> talking a little.
>
> She told me her name, and that she lived in Kansas City . Her boyfriend
> left
> 2 months ago and she had not been able to make ends meet. She knew she
> wouldn't have money to pay rent Jan 1, and finally in desperation had
> finally called her parents, with whom she had not spoken in about 5 years.
> They lived in California and said she could come live with them and try to
> get on her feet there.
>
> So she packed up everything she owned in the car. She told the kids they
> were going to California for Christmas, but not that they were going to
> live
> there.
>
> I gave her my gloves, a little hug and said a quick prayer with her for
> safety on the road. As I was walking over to my car, she said, "So, are
> you
> like an angel or something?"
>
> This definitely made me cry. I said, "Sweetie, at this time of year angels
> are really busy, so sometimes God uses regular people."
>
> It was so incredible to be a part of someone else's miracle. And of
> course,
> you guessed it, when I got in my car it started right away and got me home
> with no problem. I'll put it in the shop tomorrow to check, but I suspect
> the mechanic won't find anything wrong.
>
> Sometimes the angels fly close enough to you that you can hear the flutter
> of their wings...
>
> Psalms 55:22 "Cast thy burden upon the Lord, and He shall sustain thee. He
> shall never suffer the righteous to be moved."
>
> My instructions were to pick four people that I wanted God to bless,
> especially for the months in 2007 , and I picked you.
>
> Please pass this to four people you want to be blessed and a copy back to
> me.
>
> This prayer is powerful and prayer is one of the best gifts we receive.
> There is no cost but a lot of rewards. Let's continue to pray for one
> another.
>
> Here is the prayer:
>
> "Father, I ask You to bless my children, grandchildren, friends, relatives
> and email buddies reading this right now. Show them a new revelation of
> your
> love and power. Holy Spirit, I ask You to minister to their spirit this
> very
> moment. Where there is pain, give them Your peace and mercy. Where there
> is
> self doubt, release a renewed confidence through Your grace, In Jesus'
> precious name. Amen."
>
> I know I picked more than four -- you can, too.
> When Satan is knocking at your door, simply say, "Jesus, could You please
> get that for me?"
>

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
 
Web www.myspace.com
www.foxnews.com www.cnn.com