Sunday, December 24, 2006

joshua time 687

I dialed ' 0 ' and asked the operator who did confirm that this wascorrect so please pass it on.I received a telephone call last evening from an individual identifying himself as an AT&T Service technician (could also be Telus) who was conducting a test on the telephone lines. He stated that to complete the test I should touchnine( 9 ), zero( 0 ), the pound sign ( # ), and then hang up.Luckily, I was suspicious and refused.Upon contacting the telephone company, I was informed that by pushing 90#, you give the requesting individual full access to your telephone line, which enables them to place long distance calls billed to your home phone number.I was fu! rther informed that this scam has been originating from many local jails/prisons DO NOT press 90# for ANYONE !!The GTE Security Department requested that I share thisinformation with EVERYONE I KNOW.After checking with Verizon they said it was true, so do notdial 90# for anyone!!!!! PLEASE HIT THAT FORWARD BUTTON AND PASS THISON TO EVERYONE YOU KNOW

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
 
Web www.myspace.com
www.foxnews.com www.cnn.com