Tuesday, December 12, 2006

JOSHUA TIME 667

HOW TO CELEBRATE CHRIST'S BIRTHDAY> -- from Christ>>> Dear children,>> It has come to my attention that many of you are upset that folks are> taking My name out of the season. Maybe you've forgotten that I wasn't> actually born during this time of the year and that it was some of your> predecessors who decided to celebrate My birthday on what was actually a> time of pagan festival. Although I do appreciate being remembered anytime.>> How I personally feel about this celebration can probably be most easily> understood by those of you who have been blessed with children of your> own. I don't care what you call the day. If you want to celebrate My> birth just, GET ALONG AND LOVE ONE ANOTHER. Now, having said that, let> Me go on. If it bothers you that the town in which you live doesn't> allow a scene depicting My birth, then just get rid of a couple of> Santa’s and snowmen and put in a small Nativity scene on your own front> lawn. If all My followers did that there wouldn't be any need for such a> scene on the town square because there would be many of them all around> town.>> Stop worrying about the fact that people are calling the tree a holiday> tree, instead of a Christmas tree. It was I who made all trees. You can> & may remember Me anytime you see any tree. Decorate a grape vine if you> wish: I actually spoke of that one in a teaching explaining who I am in> relation to you & what each of our tasks were. If you have forgot that> one, look up John 15: 1 - 8.>> If you want to give Me a present in remembrance of My birth here is my> wish list. Choose something from it.>> 1. Instead of writing protest letters objecting to the way My birthday> is being celebrated, write letters of love and hope to soldiers away> from home. They are terribly afraid and lonely this time of year. I> know, they tell Me all the time.>> 2. Visit someone in a nursing home. You don't have to know them> personally. They just need to know that someone cares about them.>> 3. Instead of writing George complaining about the wording on the cards> his staff sent out this year, why don't you write and tell him that> you'll be praying for him and his family this year. Then follow up. It> will be nice hearing from you again.>> 4. Instead of giving your children a lot of gifts you can't afford and> they don't need, spend time with them. Tell them the story of My birth,> and why I came to live with you down here. Hold them in your arms and> remind them that I love them.>> 5. Pick someone that has hurt you in the past and forgive him or her.>> 6. Did you know that some people in your town will attempt to take their> own lives this season because they feel so alone and hopeless? Since you> don't know who those people are, try giving everyone you meet a warm> smile. It could make the difference. Also, you might consider supporting> the local Hot-Line: they talk with people like that every day.>> 7. Instead of nit picking about what the retailer in your town calls> the holiday, be patient with the people who work there. Give them a warm> smile and a kind word even if they aren't allowed to wish you a “Merry> Christmas" that doesn't keep you from wishing them one. Then stop> shopping there on Sunday. If the store didn't make so much money on that> day they'd close and let their employees spend the day at home with> their families.>> 8. If you really want to make a difference, support a missionary,> especially one who takes My love & Good News to those who have never> heard My name. You may already know someone like that.>> 9. Here's a good one. There are individuals & whole families in your> town who not only will have no "Christmas" tree, but neither will they> have any presents to give or receive. If you don't know them (and I> suspect you don't) buy some food & a few gifts & give them to the> Marines, the Salvation Army or some other charity which believes in Me &> they will make the delivery for you.>> 10 Finally if you want to make a statement about your belief in and> loyalty to Me, then behave like a Christian. Don't do things in secret> that you wouldn't do in My presence. Let people know by your actions> that you are one of mine.>> P.S ~ Don't forget; I am God and can take care of Myself. Just love Me &> do what I have told you to do. I'll take care of all the rest. Check out> the list above & get to work; time is short. I'll help you, but the ball> is now in your court. And do have a most blessed Christmas with all> those whom you love and remember I LOVE YOU>> Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass - it's about learning to> dance in the rain.>> -- Author Unknown>> <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <><>> To learn more about E-Mail Ministry and read previous messages, visit> our web site at: http://www.emailministry.org>> HOW DO I SUBSCRIBE? Send a blank e-mail to:> EMailMinistry-subscribe@yahoogroups.com> or go to: http://www.emailministry.org/subscribe.asp> Messages are sent out on Mondays, Wednesdays, & Fridays.> Subscribe now, it's FREE!>> SUPPORT E-MAIL MINISTRY> E-Mail Ministry is solely supported by its subscribers. To make a> financial contribution, go to: http://www.emailministry.org/donate.asp> E-Mail Ministry is a U.S. 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.>> HOW DO I SUBMIT A MESSAGE FOR E-MAIL MINISTRY? Send it to> emailministry@emailministry.ORG

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
 
Web www.myspace.com
www.foxnews.com www.cnn.com