Monday, October 30, 2006

JOSHUA TIME 618

The Ant and Contact Lens> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>Subject: ant and the contact lens> >>> >>> >>> >> THE ANT AND THE CONTACT LENS> >>> >> >A true story by Josh and Karen Zarandona> >> >> >> >> >> >Brenda was a young woman who was invited to go> >> >> >> >rock climbing. Although she was very scared, she> >> >> >& gt; >went with her group to a tremendous granite> >> >> >> >cliff. In spite of her fear, she put on the> >> >> >> >gear, took hold of the rope, and started up> >> >> >> >the face of that rock.> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >Well, she got to a ledge where she could take a> >> >> >> >breather. As she was hanging on there, the> >> >> >> >safety rope snapped against Brenda's eye and> >> >> >> >knocked out her contact lens.> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >Well, here she is, on a rock ledge, with> >> >> >> >hundreds of feet below her and hundreds of feet> >> >> >> >above her. Of course, she looked and looked> >> >> >> >and looked, hoping it had landed on the ledge,> >> >> >> >but it just wasn't there.> >> >> >> >> >> >Here she was, far from home, her sight now> >> >> >> >blurry. She was desperate and began to get> >> >> >> >upset, so she prayed to the Lord to help her to> >> >> >> >find it.> >> >> >> >> >> > When she got to the top, a friend examined her> >> >> >> >eye and her clothing for the lens, but there was> >> >> >> >no contact lens to be found. She sat down,> >> >> >> >despondent, with the rest of the party, waiting> >> >> >> >for the rest of them to make it up the face of> >> >> >> >the cliff.> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >She looked out across range after range of> >> >> >> >mountains, thinking of that verse that says, "The> >> >> >> >eyes of the Lord run to and fro throughout the> >> >> >> >whole earth." She thought, "Lord, You can see> >> >> >> >all these mountains. You know every stone and> >> >> >> >leaf, and You know exactly where my contact lens> >> >> >> >is Please help me."> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >Finally, they walked down the trail to the> >> >> >> >bottom. At the bottom there was a new party of> >> >> >> >cli mbers just starting up the face of the cliff.> >> >> >> >One of them shouted out, "Hey, you guys! Anybody> >> >> >> >lose a contact lens?"> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >Well, that would be startling enough, but you> >> >> >> >know why the climber saw it? An ant was moving> >> >> >> >slowly across the face of the rock, carrying it> >> >> >> >on it's back.> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >Brenda told me that her father is a cartoonist.> >> >> >> >When she told him the incredible story of the> >> >> >> >ant, the prayer, and the contact lens, he drew> >> >> >> >a picture of an ant lugging that contact lens> >> >> >> >with the words, "Lord, I don't know why You want> >> >> >> >me to carry this thing. I can't eat it, and> >> >> >> >it's awfully heavy. But if this is what You> >> >> >> >want me to do, I'll carry it for You"> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >I think it would probably do some of us good to> >> >> >> >occasionally say, "God, I don't know why you> >> >> >> >want me to carry this load. I can see no good> >> >> >> >in it and it's awfully heavy. But, if you want> >> >> >> >me to carry it, I will."> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >God doesn't call the qualified, He qualifies the> >& gt; >> >> >called. Yes, I do love GOD. He is my source of> >> >> >> >existence and my Savior. He keeps me functioning> >> >> >> >each and every day. Without Him, I am nothing,> >> >> >> >but with Him...I can do all things through> >> >> >> >Christ which strengthens me. (Phil. 4:13)> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >This is a simple test. If you love GOD and are> >> >> >> >not ashamed of all the marvelous things he has> >> >> >> >done for you, send this to ten people and the> >> >> >> >person who sent it to you.> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >THE LORD IS IN CONTROL ALL THE TIME!> > > >

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
 
Web www.myspace.com
www.foxnews.com www.cnn.com