Monday, May 29, 2006

JOSHUA TIME 471

why go to church?> > Why go to Church? (This is good)> If you're spiritually alive, you're going to love this! If you're> spiritually dead, you won't want to read it. If you're spiritually> curious,> there is still hope!> Why Go To Church?> A Church goer wrote a letter to the editor of a newspaper and complained> that it made no sense to go to church every Sunday.> "I've gone for 30 years now," he wrote, "and in that time I have heard> something like 3,000 sermons. But for the life of me, I can't remember a> single one of them. So, I think I'm wasting my time and the pastors are> wasting theirs by giving sermons at all."> This started a real controversy in the "Letters to the Editor" column,> much> to the delight of the editor. It went on for weeks until someone wrote> this> clincher:> "I've been married for 30 years now. In that time my wife has cooked> some> 32,000 meals. But, for the life of me, I cannot recall the entire menu> for a> single one of those meals. But I do know this... they all nourished me> and> gave me the strength I needed to do my work. If my wife had not given me> these meals, I would be physically dead today. Likewise, if I had not> gone> to church for nourishment, I would be spiritually dead today!"> * When you are DOWN to nothing... God is UP to something!> * Faith sees the invisible, believes the incredible and receives> the> impossible!> * Thank God for our physical AND our spiritual nourishment!> All right, now that you're done reading, send it on! I think everyone> should> read this! "When Satan is knocking at your door, simply say, "Jesus,> could> you get that for me?"

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Joshua, that is very awesome....and OH-SO true!

6:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
 
Web www.myspace.com
www.foxnews.com www.cnn.com