Monday, January 30, 2006

JOSHUA TIME 315

AN EMAIL FROM ONE OF MY NEWSPAPER EDITORS

Josh,Thanks for getting back with me. Since you are cool with the editing I did, we'll go ahead and run it in this week's paper. There were a few editing/grammar problems that I corrected, but that wasn't the only reason I made the column shorter. We don't have a lot of space in the newspaper and your column was kind of long so I took out some of the things I didn't think fit with your topic, but I thought you did a great job overall. As far as being a regular columnist, I don' think that is going to work out for this semester because we just don't have the space for it. If you would like though, go ahead and write another my turn and we may be able to run it later in the semester. If you would like, e-mail me some of your ideas and we can talk about which one would be the best for your next My Turn. But, like I said, it will be later in the semester before we can run it. Myself and some of the other copy editors will look over your My Turn again for editing concerns. If you have any other questions feel free to e-mail me.

Thanks,Tracy


I didn' t mean to suggest that you had an exact word limit for your My Turn. Usually they are around 500 or 600 words, but it doesn't always have to be. Some of the stuff I took out when I edited was just to make the column more concise. When I get some time I'll look over the second column and we can talk about when we might want it to run in the paper later this semester. I thought all of your ideas were good. As far as righting more for th paper you'll have to speak with the editor Bob Flynn. I only control the opinion pages, but I am sure they'll find some more stuff for you to do.

Thanks,
Tracy

1 Comments:

Blogger GreatOne said...

Joshua,
Keep plugging away at it, you are doing very well in my opinion.

1:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
 
Web www.myspace.com
www.foxnews.com www.cnn.com