Tuesday, January 03, 2006

JOSHUA TIME 257

MountainWings A MountainWings Moment> #6003 Wings Over The Mountains of Life> -------------------------------------------------> > Going?> =======> > In January 2000, leaders in Charlotte, North Carolina, invited> their favorite son, Billy Graham, to a luncheon in his honor.> > Billy initially hesitated to accept the invitation because he> struggles with Parkinson's disease. But the Charlotte leaders> said, "We don't expect a major address. Just come and let us> honor you." So he agreed.> > After wonderful things were said about him, Dr. Graham stepped> to the rostrum, looked at the crowd, and said, "I'm reminded> today of Albert Einstein, the great physicist who this month has> been honored by Time magazine as the Man of the Century.> > Einstein was once traveling from Princeton on a train when the> conductor came down the aisle, punching the tickets of every> passenger. When he came to Einstein, Einstein reached in his> vest pocket. He couldn't find his ticket, so he reached in his> trouser pockets. It wasn't there, so he looked in his briefcase> but couldn't find it. Then he looked in the seat beside him.> He still couldn't find it.> > The conductor said, "Dr. Einstein, I know who you are. We all> know who you are. I'm sure you bought a ticket. Don't worry> about it." Einstein nodded appreciatively.> > The conductor continued down the aisle punching tickets. As he> was ready to move to the next car, he turned around and saw the> great physicist down on his hands and knees looking under his> seat for his ticket.> > The conductor rushed back and said, "Dr. Einstein,> Dr. Einstein, don't worry, I know who you are. No problem.> You don't need a ticket. I'm sure you bought one."> > Einstein looked at him and said,> "Young man, I too, know who I am.> What I don't know is where I'm going."> > Having said that Billy Graham continued, "See the suit I'm> wearing? It's a brand new suit. My wife, my children, and my> grandchildren are telling me I've gotten a little slovenly in my> old age. I used to be a bit more fastidious. So I went out and> bought a new suit for this luncheon and one more occasion.> > You know what that occasion is? This is the suit in which I'll> be buried. But when you hear I'm dead, I don't want you to> immediately remember the suit I'm wearing. I want you to> remember this:> > I not only know who I am...> > > I also know where I'm going."> > > ~Author Unknown~> > To send issue 6003 to a friend click http://www.ztaf.com/mw.htm> > Thank you for inviting MountainWings in your mailbox.> See you tomorrow.> >

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
 
Web www.myspace.com
www.foxnews.com www.cnn.com